Frequently Asked Question
On YouTube/TEDTalk website:
- Locate the video that you'd like to embed on YouTube
- Under the video Click Share, then Embed
- Copy the long string of code from the text box
- Go to your BeaconLearning Course
- Turn Editing On
- In the week you'd like to add the video, click "Add an Activity or Resource"
- Chose the Resource "Label"
- In the label text box, click the "Show More Buttons" icon (first button)
- On the far right side, click the HTML Button
- Paste the string of code you copied from YouTube
- Click Save & Return to Course
Done! Your video should appear embedded in the course page!
Label Resource Screenshot (highlighted buttons are from steps #5 and #6):
Note: Students may have an easier time embeddeding YouTube videos in Forum posts another way. Please see our Knowledgebase article for those instructions.
Works for Moodle 3.7 (current version)