Frequently Asked Question
- In the search box next to the Windows logo, type "This PC" and open it.
- Click on the "Computer" tab
- Click on the "Map Network Drive" tab at the top of your window
- Select the drive you are needing and enter or search the folder you are needing. You can either type in the location into the field by entering \\computername\path\to\folder\, or you can click Browse… and navigate to the folder that you want to map as a drive.
- Note to 3/4: Your folder must be set to be shared in order to map it as a network drive. In order to do this, right-click the folder you want and select Properties from the menu. Click the Sharing tab, and then click Advanced Sharing… In the window that opens, select “Share this folder” and hit OK.
- Note to 3/4: If you are connecting to a shared folder on a network that is not on your computer, you may need to provide login information. Check the box labeled "Connect using different credentials" and enter your login information. Check with your network administrator if you don't know the username and password.
made with the help of http://www.wikihow.com/Map-a-Network-Drive