Frequently Asked Question
How to Use Classroom Technology
Last Updated 3 years ago
If you wish to use the classroom computer:
- Log in with regular credentials. That’s it!
- Select “PC” on the input selector.
If you wish to use the projector and/or audio, do the following:
- Press the “On” button on the projector.
- Adjust the volume with the “-/+” buttons.
- Use the “A/V Mute” button to temporarily blank the screen and mute the audio.
To use a personal laptop:
- Plug into it with either the VGA or the HDMI cable which are wrapped up on the podium. If you are using VGA, plug the 1/8” cable into the laptop’s headphone jack.
- Use the input selector to choose “Laptop” for VGA or “HDMI”.
To use a peripheral with the PC:
- Open the white digital pen tray and turn the pen on. Now tap the screen and it will give you options to draw and more.
- Gyration Mouse:
- Pick it up and it should automatically work. It may be used as a regular wireless mouse on a desk, or you may use it in mid-air by holding down the back “trigger” and moving your hand.
- Slide clicker:
- Remove from case and slide the switch to “On” (green color)
- On the other side, select presentation mode for easily changing slides or desktop mode for moving the mouse around the screen with the joystick.
- Document camera:
- In classrooms with larger doc cams, select the device with the input selector.
- In classrooms with the smaller IPEVO doc cams:
- Log onto the PC and select “PC” as your input.
- Make sure the doc cam is turned on. It should have an LED lit.
- Open the IPEVO program from the computer’s Start Menu.
After you are done:
- Please log off the computer.
- Turn the projector off with the “off” button. This makes them last longer.
- Clean up the workspace, and don’t forget your tech (including flash drives)!
- Press the Help Desk button on the intercom if you have any trouble!
- If nothing displays on the screen, try pressing “A/V Mute” a few times.
- If you don’t see the same thing on the projector as you see on the monitor, right-click on the monitor and select “Screen Resolution”. Set “Extend My Desktops” to “Mirror”