Frequently Asked Question
If you want to create your quiz in Word before importing it into BeaconLearning, here is a method to help you do that successfully:
- Create your quiz in this specific format: https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Aiken_format
- Go into BeaconLearning and find your course
- In the Admin block, expand "Question Bank" and click "Categories"
- Scroll down and add a new category for your questions (Example - Week 1 Quiz)
- In the Admin block under "Question bank" click "Import"
- Select the Aiken format option, select the appropriate Category, then attach and upload your document
- You may want to expand "General" and select "No" for "Stop on error"
- If any questions import incorrectly, the questions will still import, but you may need to edit questions individually
- Navigate to your course and week where you want your quiz
- See the rest of our "Quiz Basics" instructions
- You can TextEdit to save it in the appropriate file format: https://beebom.com/how-save-files-txt-format-textedit-mac/