Frequently Asked Question
My.Bushnell (JICS) - Basics
Last Updated 3 years ago
- Go to JICS
- Type in your username and password
- Navigate the website by using the tabs at the top of the page
Adding a Page and Blog Portlets:
- Click "Add a Page" on the menu on the left side of the screen
- Name your page, with your initials at the end
- Select “Blog” to add a blog portlet to your page
- Edit your Blog Post in your created page
- Click "Add a new post"
- Name your blog post in the Headline text box
- Add your desired content
- Click "Preview" to see what it will look like, and "Save" to actually save the post
- Add a Free Form Blog Portlet
- Click the wrench at the top of your page, and select "Options"
- Scroll down and click "Add a new feature to this page"
- Scroll down and select "Free Form Content"
- Rename your feature by clicking the name and re-typing your desired name
- Change Page Layout
- Click the wrench, and select "Layout"
- Select desired layout of page
- Rearrange Page
- Click the wrench, and select "Rearrange"
- Drag and drop portlet items
- Click "Save Changes"
- Delete Page: Option 1
- Click the wrench, and select "Options"
- Scroll to the bottom, and click "Delete this page"
- Delete Page: Option 2
- Click "Context Manager" on the menu on the left side of the screen
- Go to the "Pages" tab
- Click the subtract button (a red circle with a white line)
- Click "Delete"
- Click "Save"
For more information, or visuals regarding this information, watch this JICS: Content Editing Basics video!