Frequently Asked Question
YouTube is a good platform in order to upload your videos for teaching and share it to your students or embed the videos into BeaconLearning.
- In order to upload a video, head to https://www.youtube.com .
- In the top right of the page, you will see a button that looks like a Video Camera with a White Plus in the center. This is the Upload Button.
- Select "Upload Video"
- A popup should appear asking you to "Select Files" and select the video you want to upload.
- On the "Details" page, set a Title as well as a Description if you'd like.
- Under the "Audience" option, either option works. If sensitive content, select, "No, it's not made for kids".
- Select "Next" until you reach the Visibility Tab.
- You can make your video "Private" if you would like no one to see your video until you change it later (or a set few people), "Unlisted" if you are wanting only those with the link to the video to view it (Most common for teachers), or "Public" if you would like anyone to be able to search for your video publically.
- When you click Save, the video will upload and then process. You will be provided with a link to your video or you can come back later to: https://www.studio.youtube.com in order to view all of your uploaded videos by clicking the "Content" tab on the left side.
- You can find the link to any of your videos under the Content tab by clicking on the 3 vertical dots to the right of the video and clicking "Get shareable link".